6/29/07

What a difference five years make.


Dear Z,

Five years ago today, I was stressed out, blissed out and about to marry your father. What I remember most about that day is how much in love I was (am!) with your father and also how completely clueless I was about what was to come. Our deep partnership is more of everything- more challenging, more satisfying, more supportive, more exciting, more forgiving- than I could possibly have conceived of on that day five years ago. That day, we mostly ate a little food, danced till we literally dropped and smiled till our eyebrows ached. You, or the possibility of you, were the furthest thing from our minds.

Today, our lives revolve around you and the family we have created. Today, I am driving you and me from Vermont to Woods Hole Massachusetts so that we can all spend our fifth anniversary together. Today, I love you both enough to take on such an onerous drive when I hate driving, fear getting you off your schedule, and dread the many, many verses of "Old MacDonald" I will have to sing to keep down the whining that comes from your carseat at regular and increasingly intense intervals. Today, I love you both so much I struggle with a glutton's guilt that I don't deserve such bounty.

Love,

Your Clueless But Hopeful Mama

PS. (Happy Anniversary, Chic Geek)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary, you wonderful people!!!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs