10/8/08

My very big girl.


I'm taking my very big girl with me this morning to my doctor's appointment. When I told her about it last night, she asked excitedly: "the baby's going to come out?!". My mouth hung open for a minute or two before I could squeak out "No, sweetie, not tomorrow. Not for a long, long time. We're just going in for a check up." but she was off and running: "I can HOLD her! I can PAT her!". I was so thrilled by her excitement, I had to egg her on. "That's right darlin', what else will you do with the baby when it comes out?". She thought for a moment: "I can sing to her! and....... *deep contemplation* FEED HER CHEESE!".

We'll have to work on that one....

(Notice she's convinced it's a girl. We've stopped trying to tell her it could be a boy.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up already!

Astarte said...

Ha! Cheese!! I wonder what she's going to think of the appointment? I remember one time I had to bring one of the kids with me, and the minute Sir Speculum came out all hell broke loose.

Kate said...

Um, cutest picture ever. And you simply must write down the whole "feed her cheese!" thing. Oh, the anticipation of the new baby-- I'm so jealous:)

Blog Designed by: NW Designs