11/30/08

Worth a thousand words

Rebecca just posted about "money shots", those perfect shots that emerge from the millions in your I-Photo library to just take your breath away. She asked us to share.

I was not about to pass up the excuse to scroll through the system-crashingly huge number of photos I've taken of Zoe over her 2 and 1/2 years. With most of our family so far away, I began taking pictures of Zoe regularly, often daily, as soon as I emerged from the fog of her delivery. Most were junk but some just about stopped my heart, capturing moments that I didn't realize were so fleeting but knew instantly were precious.

It was a rough 20 minutes for me to narrow them down to just a few of my all time favorites. But here they are. (All were taken by me, except the first one. I had to include that one because I pretty much always start crying when I see it. She was so little and I held her like that all the time. I can still remember how it felt.)








4 comments:

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

These are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing, mama. You have a beautiful eye (and an even more beautiful subject.) xo!

Swistle said...

OH SO PRETTY.

Anonymous said...

She has the best eyes! It's these kind of pictures that make me want to go buy an (even more) expensive camera.

Astarte said...

Oh, she's so expressive! I especially love the first shot. It almost makes me remember the feel and smell of a newborn... I miss that.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs