12/8/11

This week's lessons

Dear Z and E,



You have taught me that all those years in therapy talking about my childhood and my parents and my weaknesses were so very worth it.

You have taught me that I will most likely benefit from therapy for the rest of my life. And that I should probably start saving now for your therapy.

You have taught me that I am always only one tickle-hug away from feeling absolute joy.



You have taught me that the magic of Christmas is about ritual, memory, and time spent with people we love.

You have taught me that if Santa really is magic, you might as well ask for his help "cleaning the ocean."



You have taught me that "matching" is a subjective, relative and possibly unnecessary term, especially when everything you're wearing has your favorite color in it somewhere.




You have taught me that sometimes you just need to stop everything and help a worm make it safely to the other side of the driveway.



You have taught me to plan extra time to get anywhere lest there be a worm in need of rescuing somewhere along the way.

You have reminded me again and again that everything changes:  toddlers who angrily refused any and all hair grooming can one day become French-braided kindergarteners. 



And these are the lessons I learned from you just this week. 

Yours in concurrent growing, learning, and love,

Your Clueless But Hopeful Mama

5 comments:

twisterfish said...

You really know how to bring a tear to my eye. So lovely.

grammalouie said...

And a tear to MY eye too! Especially since I learn from you all the time and here we are both adults (at least some of the time).
Your loving ma

Doing My Best said...

Beautifully written, as always =)!! Thank you for reminding me about the important lessons, which often get lost in the less-important, but necessary, school lessons of the day!

Michelle said...

So, so lovely. As always.

Cortney said...

Love!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs