5/30/07

Five recent joyful things


1. Playing hide and seek and hearing your high pitched giggle echo in the hallway.
2. The "Mama's a dancing freak" game: when you wake up from a nap, you spin the dial on your crib mirror and make the music play. I dance around the room until the music stops and then wait, in an absurd pose, until you spin it again. You caught on right away and seem to enjoy it just as much as I do. I take your giggles as intense praise rather than viewing them as a probable precursor to eye-rolling embarrassment.
3. the "Is it a hat?" game: I put anything and everything on my head and then your head and then Sweet Dog's head and ask you "Is it a hat?". Endless variations include: "Is it a shoe?", "Is is an earring?" and "Is it a pacifier?".
4. Watching you sign "light". When you first started pointing you would often point at a light and grunt. So we taught you the sign for "light". Your version is a nonchalant pantomime for "penny-pinching" instead of the clear "light" sign we make. Somehow, magically, saying "Yes, Z, it IS a light!" has yet to get old.
5. When we walk Sweet Dog, you like to help. Often I see your little arm reaching all the way out to the side of your stroller to hold onto the leash. If only I felt okay about handing you the filled poop bags. Now THAT would be useful.

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs