9/16/08

Week by clueless week

week 1:
Clueless But Hopeful Mama: "Hey CG, we said we'd start trying this month. Do you want to start really trying?"
Chic Geek: "Uh. What do you think?"
CBHM: "Well, I calculated it out and the due date, IF we were to get pregnant during this month's fertile period, would be almost exactly Zoe's birthday. I was thinking maybe she would appreciate it if, while creating a sibling that will hog her parents' attention, we also don't totally usurp her birthday."
CG: "Okay, let's wait till next month. Wow, that's still kinda crazy."
CBHM: "I KNOW, right? I wonder how long it'll take this time? I mean, we could be trying for awhile. And I don't know what happened last pregnancy but I'm going to work so hard on still working out and taking those fish oil capsules and eating good proteins and vegetables. I mean, I know I was queasy and tired but I just need to push through it, y'know?"

week 2-3:
SAFE
SAFE
SAFE
OOPS (Ah well, what are the chances, anyway?)
SAFE
SAFE

weeks 3-4:
La la la la la la......
"Mango margaritas? YUM!"
"Hey let's sit in the 102 degree hot tub while we listen to the DNC speeches on NPR!"
"Oh my shoulder is acting up, I'm going to pop a few ibuprofen. Again."
La la la la la la......

week 5:
Hmmm...... where is my period, anyway....

week 6:
HMMMMM....... WHERE'S MY PERIOD?!?!
*white stick shows two lines*
"Well, at least I'm feeling okay..."

week 7:

*green, sickly feeling. ALL DAY.*
*awful metallic taste in my mouth*
*ginormous, achy boobs.* (Okay fine, they're still "A" cups but STILL. HUGE. And ACHY.)
*BLOATED belly* (When is it kosher to start with the maternity pants, anyway?)
*current gag-inducing smells include: Sweet Dog's breath (from across the room), my hair (if I washed it longer than 10 minutes ago), the open refrigerator, CHEESE, the dog's food (from 10 feet away), Zoe's sweaty feet after being in crocs all day.*
* "Fish oil capsules? ARE YOU CRAZY?"

today, week 8:
Inside me, there is another heartbeat, and, apparently a lima bean.

Do I look freaked? 'Cause I'm a little freaked.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!

So, um, is Zoe's birthday going to be usurped after all?

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, congrats! I hope it's that easy for us when we start trying soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

Grammalouie is SO happy! Knitting that baby blanket and dreaming of little toes and fingers and wondering who this little person will be. Bliss!

Astarte said...

OMG!!!! Wow!!!!

Well, that answered THAT question! Kinda like how many licks does it take to eat a tootsie pop!

Kate said...

Wow! Congratulations!

clueless but hopeful mama said...

erica- Yup, unfortunately this means her birthday is most likely going to be ruined by her sibling's birth. Oy vey.

Marie Green said...

Wow! How totally exciting! I'm jealous, which probably means that TODAY I'm thinking YES to the ever-loving question of "More?".

I'm so excited for you. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

so happy for you and your clan. Here I sit in hour three of my glucose tolerance test and can only hope you pass your one hour test. Dog food smell made me puke every time I opened the cupboard. I hope your gags stay gags and don't go to the dark side (vomiting). I also hope you are one of the lucky ones to have that nausea part go away fast.

We thought we were pregnant for a few days with a due date of Xmas eve. It eouldnt have been bad to have an xmas baby but my own bday is close too close to xmas imo so I'm glad my body decided to wait a couple months. :). So when is your due date?

Anonymous said...

oh and my bro's bday is the day before mine and I never huge issue with it. Don't know how my brother felt about it but I always thought it was kind of neat.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Zoe's going to be a great big sister. I am sending you good stomach calming thoughts.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs