11/28/07

Happy advanced maternal age to me.

Today is my birthday. My 35th birthday, to be exact.

Which doesn't really bother me. I'm happy I'm not 25 (though I wouldn't mind having my 25 year old body back). 35 seems like it'll be a good year.

What kinda bugs me is that it means I'm officially old in the baby making sense. It means that the next pregnancy will probably include lots of testing that I don't want and even more worrying than last time. It means I am officially "advanced maternal age".

(blah blah blah. Insert a paragraph or two about being too old and wanting another baby. I don't feel like writing it and it IS my birthday.)

So what clueless but hopeful things am I doing for my birthday, you ask?

Well, I really like the idea of doing something new and challenging on my birthday. To keep myself young and to keep feeling a little dangerous, a little spontaneous, a little edgy.

Of course, for me that means some well-planned, thought-out activity. Nothing like planned spontaneity to make you feel young, right?

This year's challenging festivities will hopefully happen on Friday and you'll just have to stay tuned to hear about it.

Here's a disjointed clip from my favorite challenging birthday activity. On my 30th birthday, I decided to take on my fear of heights:

In other news, here's a sick Poncho Villa with the weather: "It's cold here in So Cal this morning!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rapidly approaching that age myself. One of my friends said "I ASSUME you are only having one child... Because you don't want to be one of those AMA moms, right?"

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds you of the, um, lovely lady who asked you if you weren't relieved that you were squeaking in under the 30-year mark when you got married, right?! Why, oh why, do people feel that it's OK to say shit like that??

Love you, & Happy Birthday! Kisses to the Geek & the Girl for me...

Tess said...

Happy Birthday! I keep forgetting that "advanced maternal age" is 35. It seems so young.

Oh, that poncho.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs