11/16/07

My worst nightmare.

Z is not the happiest of car companions. But as a wise parent with a cranky toddler once said, music soothes the savage beast.

Upon entering the vehicle, I always connect my ipod to the car stereo, set it quickly to Susie Tallman and get ready to sing along to the gag-worthy hits of the toddler set. (Trust me, "Big Rock Candy Mountain" is preferable to "Z Screams All The Way Home".)

Yesterday, I had forgotten to charge my ipod (WTF? If these things are so GD amazing, why can't they jump out of my purse, recharge themselves and jump back in? When will technology actually make our lives EASIER?) and I was faced with my tired, cranky toddler and NO SUSIE TALLMAN. (*cue Halloween screams.*)

So I frantically surfed the radio for anything she would tolerate. She was emphatically shaking her head "NO" to every option until..... UNTIL....

the unmistakable sound that sent chills down my spine.......

Kenny G's "Songbird"*.

It turns out my precious babe likes SMOOTH JAZZ.

KILL ME NOW.



*(I just had to go to itunes to find out the name of the offending song and it's still ringing in my ears. HELP ME.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Mimi was younger the only thing that would calm her down was "Ice, ice, baby." Just shoot me...

Blog Designed by: NW Designs