9/20/07

Chopped liver no more.

As soon as Z started babbling, I found myself not-so-subtly pushing her to say "Dada" and "Mama". "Dada" came pretty quickly. Maybe around 11 months? Fabulous Husband would walk into the room and her face would light up as she exclaimed "DADA!". This was the "Daddy is a rock star" phase. All my man needed was some guitar hero hair and some pleather pants and he'd be ready for his deranged toddler fans throwing their diapers up on stage.

"Mama" remained elusive. For the last few months, Z's been very interested in looking at pictures. So everytime we'd get to a picture of us, I point at it and say "Who's that? Is that MAMA?! Can you say MAMA?!!" like a deranged stage mother. She would just stare blankly at the picture of me, glance over to the picture of her father and say "DADA!" with great enthusiasm. Which was always met with: "That's right Z.... and who's next to him.... MAMA?!?!? MAMA?!?!"

That's me, insane chopped liver.

Finally, the day I've been waiting not-so-patiently for has come. Z has finally started saying "Mama". I can't tell you exactly when but sometime in the last few weeks, it's become a reliable thing.

For my junkie fix of the day, all I have to do is point to my chest and ask her: "Who am I?"

"Muhmuh!" is almost always the response. Every once in a while I'm "DahDEE?" but that's okay. All the "Muhmuh!"s make up for it.

1 comment:

KG said...

Oh, congratulations! I am so happy for you! Doyou ever cry when she says it? Tear up? Just a little?

Blog Designed by: NW Designs