12/6/07

Next year's resolution: get a new brain.

Last year's New Years' resolutions included "remembering loved ones' birthdays". This was a tall order for me, the Lady with the Swiss Cheese Brain. Let's see how I've fared......

Back in September, I called an old friend (yes sir, Captain Backlash, you are OLD) and sang him my traditional, spectacularly off-key (if I do say so myself) rendition of Happy Birthday. It was all so lovely, except that I was off by a whole month. Did I remember to call him on his actual birthday in October? Negative. And I'm pretty sure I sent his birthday present to his old address. Score: Birthday Black Hole- 2, Lady with the Swiss Cheese Brain- 0.

Yesterday I was reminding myself all day to call my niece who turned two yesterday. Or so I thought. After we got all the way through Happy Birthday (We mercifully attempted to keep it on-key for her. Her ear drums are still so young and fragile.), my sister-in-law informed me that her actual birthday is today. Oops. Happy Birthday, my sweet little niece!

And I'm sure there are countless folks whose birthdays I totally flaked on.

The truly sad thing is that I actually set up one of those birthday alarm email dealies and I STILL got all these wrong. It was, like most things, user error; I apparently entered a bunch of birthdays wrong.

Instead of a birthday alarm (too gentle, too imprecise), maybe I need a birthday cattle prod?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My coworker had a standing order with a local flower shop that had a list of birthdays and anniversaries for his wife, parents, etc. They sent the flowers and passed the bill along to him. I'm thinking there is a business in taking this idea a little further, helping out all of those with "Swiss Cheese Brain."

Blog Designed by: NW Designs