12/7/07

Yesterday morning, breakfast.

Clueless but Hopeful Mama: Dude, we should totally play hooky next Thursday and go see that new movie Juno. I'm dying to see it.

Chic Geek: (looks aghast) Watch what you say around Z.

CBHM: What? (frantically searching patchy short term memory banks) "Hooky"? I can't say "hooky"?

CG: (eyebrows up) No. D. U. D. E.

CBHM: "DUDE"?! I can't say "DUDE"?!

Z: Duuu!!! DUUUU!!!

CG: Jeez, why do you think I spelled that?

CBHM: Sorry. *belch* Uh, excuse me.

Z: (laughs and claps.)

CG: (slaps palm to forehead and dreams of a second, less profane wife.)

------

Seriously, I've weeded out all manner of F- and S- and, my personal favorite, M-F-S-, from my daily language. Can I not say "dude"?? I will agree that I overuse this appellation, especially since I grew up in New Jersey not the Valley, but still, is it THAT bad to hear a little girl say "dude"? (I actually think it might be cute.)

The belching? OKAY FINE, the belching needs to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well there is that risk she will start sounding like a valley girl--it's like, you know, totally dude.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs