2/14/08

(P)Raising Arizona.

We're back from a lovely couple of days in Arizona at my in-laws' house. The weather was stellar, the views incredible, the family time unbeatable, the air crisp and clean (who knew that AIR had distinct smells? Los Angeleans [Los Angelites? Los Angelesians?], that's who!).

Unfortunately, CG and I spent most of that time feeling like roadkill. That's right, we're sick. AGAIN. CG was bedridden for almost the whole visit. I spent my time upright as quite possibly the worst houseguest in the history of houseguests. Leaving my crumbs and cups and plates everywhere? Check. Not lifting a finger in the kitchen? Check. Letting my toddler run wild through the house/yard with nary a word of discipline? Check. Coughing up my lungs till I retched, loudly blowing my nose and generally doing my ambulatory best to spread whatever nasty germ has got a hold of me this week? CHECK.

I've always loved my in-laws. But after a weekend of them changing poopy diapers, entertaining my increasingly challenging toddler, and cooking for us all endlessly, I would have to say they deserve a medal. Hopefully my medal to them doesn't come with a lovely virus attached.

Luckily (??), Z does not have this virus yet (or anymore? We're losing track of who's had what when. It's been a bad two months for us here at Casa de CBHM.).

A few happy pics from the trip:

She ate an entire belgian waffle by herself.


Z also ran herself sweaty at the local neighborhood playground (where I happened to cough so hard I retched into a trashcan, which sent running the rest of the kids who were competing for slide time. I'll have to remember that strategy next time.).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is too funny. I mean, it sucks but that you actually sent children running with your exhuberant coughing is pretty great. It reminds me of my freshman year of high school- I somehow acquired seasonal asthma, and spent the ENTIRE WINTER coughing up a lung. The teachers joked that they could always hear me coming, and my lab partner actually BEGGED our teacher that I be allowed to get a drink because my coughing was bothering him so much. Way to make a great impression on the upperclassmen!

Anonymous said...

Knowing you are sick kicked my mother gene into high gear, and I actually had a dream that I hopped on a plane in Vermont and flew to Los Angeles to be a nurse or a baby sitter or a mother or a gramma or.....
I could still do it!!
Love, yer ma

Blog Designed by: NW Designs