1/4/09

What I got for Christmas

I got a lot of great things for Christmas. The first and best? Every family member present for the holidays (CG, me, Zoe, my in-laws, my sister-in-law and her husband) spent our whole trip to Arizona WELL. As in, NOT SICK. How crazy great is that? (Though we did run out to the drugstore for a thermometer on our second day in Arizona because Zoe was so whiny and fussy and WAH THE TAG THAT YOU ALREADY CUT OUT OF MY SHIRT STILL HUUUURRRTTTSSSS MEEEEE, we were sure it HAD to be a fever. As it turns out, it was just your run of the mill toddler INSANITY.)

On to the actual gifts!

CG gave me this AWESOME camera bag.

It's perfect. Not too big, not too small. Could even make a good diaper bag in a pinch!

My in-laws gave me beautiful pearl hoop earrings that I love and have worn since Christmas day.

My sister-in-law and her husband gave me this inspiring book, among other things, and I hope it magically transforms me into the best crafty sew-master you've ever seen. Or at least spurs me to unpack that new sewing machine that I got for my birthday.

From the hearts of many, many loved ones, there is a new STACK of books to taunt me from the bedside table as I fall asleep after reading just a few pages of my current book.

--------------------


And then sucky, sucky Santa Claus (no, I don't really blame him and yes, we told Zoe all about him and we ALL enjoyed the tale) gave me the lump of coal I feared was coming: my father has lung cancer. We hope the doctors have caught it early. We hope they know what they're doing. We hope for a quick, easy battle with this nasty scourge. (MAN, it sucks.)



3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry about your dad. Here's hoping he has the very best doctors out there, and that the cute little baby in your tummy will be extra encouragement for him to fight it!

Marie Green said...

Wow, I was all excited about your gifts until that last one. So sorry to hear about your dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. And, I love the bag.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs