1/3/08

'Tis the season to declutter.

I'm a little sweaty and excited. I feel purged and renewed. I gaze upon my recycling bin full of victories with pride.

I just 'declined' myself from 12 different catalogs that arrive on, what seems like, a bi-weekly basis.

A good friend sent me info about this site a few weeks back and I filed it away for future, non-holiday-frenzy contemplation. When I returned home from our lovely two weeks on the east coast, I found that not only had the post office FAILED to hold our mail (!@*$#*&$!@) but the pile my dear neighbor so sweetly collected for us contained a metric ton of the same effing catalogs that I get every effing week. "ENOUGH", I cried!

So on to Catalogue Choice went I.

If you care about remedying the cluttered state of your tiny house (or is that just my resolution?) and/or the overtrashed, undertreed state of our planet, this site is for you. If you find yourself receiving "Country Curtains" even though that very title makes you gag, this site is for you. If you regularly gaze upon 4 copies of the same effing Victoria's Secret catalogue, this site is for you.

*deep breath* Okay, enough with the hard sell. Sorry. I'm still a little flush with power and adrenaline.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Country Curtains! Ye gads! Please tell me that wasn't the name of an ACTUAL catalogue you were receiving! I have this visual image of ruffled gingham blowing in the farmyard breeze, and a scene through the window of laundry on a clothesline...

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Oh yes, I'm afraid that is an actual catalog that I received on a regular basis. I bought some curtains from a catalog when we moved here and somehow ALL the curtain catalogs got wind of me and went nuts. Since I live just outside of LA and would describe my house style as "scattershot modern", Country Curtains was barking up the seriously wrong tree.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs